"Our main business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance,
but to do what lies clearly at hand."
~ Thomas Carlyle
Today's post is HUGE. Why? Because, I am about to share with you the BEST thing I have EVER done for myself. I am about to share with you the second secret to happiness. It's one of those things that is so easy when you live it everyday from your heart.
Are you ready?
Here it is:
STOP WORRYING!
Yep, that's it. The best thing I have ever done for my happiness is to stop worrying. True happiness is found by being 100% present in each moment. Worry puts you in the past or the future, never in the present. That means letting go of the need to be right, to be in control, to win at all costs, even to have everything you need right now. To worry is like being a fish out of water, gasping for air when all you have to do is slip back into the flow. Choose easy folks!
In Dale Carnegie's book "Stop Worrying and Start Living" he advises us to shut off the past and cease to carry nervous worries of what may happen tomorrow.
"Let the dead bury the dead...shut out the yesterdays which have lighted
fools the way to dusty death...the load of tomorrow,
added to that of yesterday, carried today, makes the strongest falter.
Shut off the future as tightly as the past...The future is today. There is no tomorrow.
The day of man's salvation is now. Waste of energy, mental distress and
nervous worries dog the steps of man who is anxious about the future..."
Each day remember, one step enough for me. Your peace of mind is to important to let even slight worries take hold. It often serves me to picture my life as an hour glass in which only one grain of sand may pass through the narrow neck. When I wake up in the morning I often feel that there are a hundred tasks that deserve to be done before the end of the day. But if I do not take them one at a time and let them pass through the day slowly and evenly I notice that I begin to struggle and worry. That is when the frustration begins to mount. If I don't take care of it right away my physical and mental body begin to break down. Meaning I get sick, fatigued, nervous, agitated, spaced out or depressed. My body always tells me before my mind.
The secret to stopping the worry is to live from your heart. When you live from the space of your heart it's easy to remember to take life one grain of sand at a time. It becomes easy to take one task at at time and always with love and gentle kindness to yourself and others. It becomes easy to live in the moment. A dear friend of mine that lived 2,000 years ago gave us the sage advice to have no worry about the morrow. Be focused on today, because today is all you have. Allow time and space to accomplish the days tasks.
When the time was right, the sea parted, the walls fell down, the lions went hungry, the sun stood still, the star appeared, the waves were calmed, five thousand were fed, the sick were healed, the stone rolled away.
Everything in your life is perfect just the way it is. You are experiencing exactly what you deserve to experience in the most perfect way for you. All in Divine timing. I have learned that God is never early and He's never late and His plans for you are good. NOW is the time for you to start living!!
No comments:
Post a Comment